Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a great weekend playing games. Here is what I did:

WARFRAME -

Of course, I spent a good chunk of my weekend in Warframe. I'm always double fisting Warframe on the PS4 and PC. The great thing is, I don't have the same frames between the 2 systems. On the PS4 I play Frost Prime or Excalibur. On the PC I play Mesa, Nekros, Hydroid, Ember, Nyx, Rino, and 3 others I want to play but can't because the world is a cruel place. It's a long story I will bore you with.

So, every time you log in you get a reward. On the PC during day 1 and 2 there is a chance to get 20%, 50%, and a mythical 75% off of platinum, which costs real money to get. Platinum is used to buy stuff off the Warframe market. One of the things you have to use platinum for is warframe character slots. Initially you get 2 slots.  One for the starter warframe and the second for a warframe you make. All warframes bought off the market get their own slot so they do not take up your free slots. Anyways, I have 3 warframes I made last week that I need to buy slots for. Each slot costs 20 Plat. For 75 Plat it costs me $5. Even though that's really cheap I really want a big Plat purchase to get discounted Plat and some special mod cards. With a glorious 75% discount I can get the $200 package for only $50. With that I'd be set for life on the PC side. I know I sound like a whiney cheap ass, but yeah, I am.

The grunt of my weekend in Warframe was playing random groups with people I don't know. 99% of the time I play Warframe without anybody I know. The clan I'm in on PC consists of me mainly and the clan leader that logs in when I beg him. I'm ok with it though because I really don't mind playing with strangers. Over the past few months playing Warframe hardcore I've learned how to communicate better with strangers to get what I want. That is the only way to be successful playing a game like Warframe unless I want to join a large clan made up of people I don't know. It would be the same as what I'm doing now, but I wouldn't have my friends to play with when they decided to log in. I'm happy with how I'm playing the game now.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT -

There wasn't much WoW this weekend. The night I usually log in to raid I was busy with my family. Actually, I've felt less and less wanting to play WoW because my friends haven't had time to play. Unlike Warframe, my happiness in WoW hinges a lot on my friends happiness in WoW. WoW is a game to me where I love playing with people I know and chatting on VOIP. Without them, I stop logging in. It's just not the same without them.

PILLARS OF ETERNITY -

I've been having a blast with this game. I haven't played a whole lot because it requires a lot off attention. There is a ton of reading and like true old school RPGs, you need to be careful not to screw up your story. I usually play this in a large chunk, but only 1 chunk a weekend. This weekend I did about 3 hours and my brain was mush.

I'm playing a Ranger because I feel pet classes always add extra depth to RPGs. That and I die less. I did have to move my game from normal mode to easy. PoE is just so brutal at times. Even on easy mode the game is very hard. This is no Dragon Age Inquisition people! This is the real RPG deal.

DCUO -

I didn't play it this weekend, but I patched it up ready for the new Powers coming out today. I'm excited to play a Munitions power. I watched a little video explaining how the powers work, but not too much a out it. I want it to be a surprise when I play it today. Yeah... TODAY!! Well, unless me Warframe log in award is 75% off. I doubt it though, so I'm pretty sure I'll he playing DCUO tonight.

That's it for my Easter Weekend of gaming, how was yours?

1 comment:

Act 1: Pong

Now that Boomers are finally dying off, the rest of the world can relax and play their video games without being harassed. Video games are e...