Friday, April 3, 2015

#DAW2015: Digital Extremes - Warframe

I guess it wouldn't be right to not do a DAW post this year. About 6 years ago I started DAW to show developers we (gamers and bloggers) aren't all assholes all the time. When I thought of DAW I thought of Michael Jackson, Elton John, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Cyndie Lauper, Tina Turner, and all the other singers that joined together to help Africa in the 1980's. I wanted to bring bloggers, gamers, and developers together Bill and Ted style for 1 week.

Just like all great crusades, I realized it was pointless. I realized people only cared about the villains. If you think about all the great movies, historical icons, and any great story, what makes it great is the villains. When you think of World War 2 the first thing you think of is Hitler. When you think of comic books, you rattle off all the ones with the best villains. Anything that sticks in our minds as the best forms of entertainment always has an amazing villain attached to it. That is why we'll never see world peace and that is why DAW will never be great.

Giving up on my crusade to be the Pope of the gaming community, I decided to disappear this year. To become the martyr, which always makes a great story. I was expecting DAW to not happen this year. Well, it did! A couple cool catz took the reigns. They might not be Willy Nelson or Kenny Rogers, but damn, they're some great guys in my book. Thanks www.ihavetouchedthesky.blogspot.com (Rowan) and www.aggronaut.com (Belghast) for doing DAW this year. Sure, Africa still is overridden with death, disease, diabetes, distribution, discombobulation, dingleberries, and dysentery, but you've made me smile.

DIGITAL EXTREMES - WARFRAME

Now that I'm done with the formalities of kissing peer ass, I can kiss some developer bootayh.

I've had an account with Warframe for 1 year 9 months. Just last week Warframe turned 2 years old. Even though I've been a member of their community for almost the whole time the game has been out, I haven't played the game very much. About 2 months ago that all changed. I've been logging in daily for 2 months straight now. Not just on PC, but on PS4 too.

Since I've started logging daily, I've helped fund their free-to-play game through 4 accounts. Yes 4! I have an account on PS4 and PC, that's 2. 2 out of 3 of my kids play Warframe daily too, that's 4. Each account we've bought something. Not because we had to, but because I strongly believe in helping if I'm enjoying myself. Warframe has brought my family closer.

I understand a lot of people believe: if the game is free-to-play, I'm not spending a dime and I expect 110% effort from the developers. Even though I believe in funding the game, I do like free from time to time. My household has probably spent $200 on Warframe in the last 4 months. Every penny was worth it and I plan on spending more.

Right now I have 16 platinum (in game currency bought with real money) and it costs 20 platinum to buy a character slot. I've made 3 extra characters I don't have slots for. Sadly, I can't play them until I spend more real money or find a person that wants to buy something I have for platinum.

You see, everything in Warframe can be made, bought, and sold by players. Anything sold for real money on Warframe market is in the game to find. Even though I'm limited slots for characters and I need platinum to open those slots, I can find a sucker player to trade something I got in game for platinum. The problem is, nobody wants what I have... Jerks! I have 2 options to play those characters I built:

1. Pay real money now
2. Delete existing characters

Obviously, option 2 is very stupid because all characters I've acquired are amazing. So the last 2 weeks I've been playing the log in roulette wheel hoping to get a platinum discount. One very addicting thing about Warframe is the daily log in rewards. You can get some awesome stuff just by logging in. For me, I need to log in once every 2 days to get what I'm looking for. I want a 20, 50, or super duper awesome 75% off platinum award which is only in the 1 to 2 day log in window. I know it's sad I don't want to pay full price for my platinum, but damn dude I've already spent $200 on yo game brah!

That all said, I'm extremely addicted to Warframe. I love their game and I love their weekly live streams. Digital Extremes is a bunch of great Canadians. We all already knew that A! I would love to thank them for making an outstanding game and constantly changing it for the better over the past 2 years. Keep up the great work I love you all.

PS- If your next Prime Access is Ash Prime with Dread Prime and Hate Prime, I'm buying the $140 package without blinking a eye!

3 comments:

  1. You will definitely enjoy this free online game because it offers some fun to play quests, good dialogue and a friendly interface.Warframe Damage Hack

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete

Act 1: Pong

Now that Boomers are finally dying off, the rest of the world can relax and play their video games without being harassed. Video games are e...